WHY INSTALL SOLAR PV?
- Reduce carbon emissions
- Reduce or eliminate electricity bills
- Increased security of electricity supply
- Protection against price rises
- A significant tax free income from the feed-in tariff
- An investment that will pay for itself well within its lifetime.
Solar electricity (Photo Voltaic) – solar panels on your roof will convert sunlight into electricity which is used to generate electricity in your home. A home owner can claim through the FIT SCHEME for every unit of electricity generated.
Solar Panels will generate electricity from sunrise to sunset, enabling customers to obtain maximum efficiency from their units. They work well in the winter, generating energy from the winter sun even when the days are quite short. They generate electricity by the light /sun being absorbed by the panels.
Installation is quick, clean and easy. A large roof can be completed in approximately 2-3 days. Most of the equipment will be sited in your loft space out of every day view.
awe ENERGY Ltd specializes in photovoltaics for generating electricity in your home.
What is the Feed-In Tariff?
The Feed-In Tariff Scheme, or FITS, has been designed to boost the take-up of self generation in homes and businesses by enabling the customer to claim generous rates through this scheme for a period of 20 years.
Homes and businesses claiming the Feed in tariff are entitled to:
- Use any electricity generated by their system for free.
- Claim for electricity generated, irrespective if you use it or not
- Sell back any electricity you don’t use for an extra 3.2p per Kwh.
Who pays for the Feed-In Tariff?
Many people think that the Feed-In Tariff payments come direct from the government. This is not correct. It actually comes from the energy companies who, in turn, pass this cost on to the consumer in the form of higher energy prices. This means that people without solar PV are subsidising those people with solar PV.